Friday, December 23, 2011























Haven't even caught my breath from the semester and the Holidays are here already. Crazy! Well, it's totally groovie that the break is here and we can relax a little, even if it means being a little mellow for Christmas. A chance to be mellow is the best present I can think of. We managed to put the tree up and decorate it all pretty like
...and then the kittehs saw the wonderful bounty we had prepared for them and de-ornamenated the bottom half of the tree (so far). I swear, just as we were putting up the last ornament, I heard a deathmetal howl "DESTROOOOOOOOY," and there was no one in the room except for Scratch and Toots, looking all innocent. I turned back around and half the tree was gone. They're THAT good. Good thing they're cute. Hey and we've had them officially a year already!


I had a good time this semester
though, taking my second Printmaking class, which I was totally into. My teacher, Ryan, even suggested that he and I could collaborate on a print for a conference next year. You can check out the new prints at my website: http://www.misguideddesign.com/index.php/my-prints/. I also had fun getting my hands dirty in my first ceramics class. You can check those out at

I apologize that the images aren't exactly Christmasy, but you know me: Mr. Doom'n'Gloom Artist Guy.

I also finally got College Algebra out of the way after slugging through the basic and intermediate classes. Considering that I'm a math dummy who hadn't thought about math once in
two decades, I'm amazed that I got all A's. Besides that, I also got through Biology and had fun checking out little microscopic critters and the innards of a fetal pig. I also wrapped up my Graphic Design requirements this semester with Advance Studio. It was a little tough having a very different teacher with very different methodology, but I did my best and I still have two more semesters to put together a kick-azz portfolio.

Sue had her usual Tsunami of Essays to survive but she kept her head above like a champ. I think she's getting better at managing the whole Division Chair thing along with her teaching duties. She would probably disagree with me but you and I know she's being modest.

Sue's bro Scott (this sculpture wasn't based on him, I promise) was here for Thanksgiving and it was great to have him for a week. We felt like we ignored him half the time as we both dealt with our respective school work, but we managed to hang out a decent amount of time. He came with us to the Final Friday art show at Newman which included the work of several of my classmates who
graduated this fall. We also brought him to the Aviation Museum–Wichita being the Air Capital
of the World and all–and he even managed to get up to the Salt Mines in Hutchinson one day while
Sue and I were busy. Oh and then there was Thanksgiving and the juicy ham that Sue made for Scott, my mom and I.
Speaking of visits, Sue and I have booked a flight to Pennsylvania to see Pops on January 3rd and we'll be there for a week. Anyone who might be in the Reading area during that time should give us a ring. I may even be able to take a short road trip for a day or two, if anyone in the more distant vicinity is available.

We wish you all a very Happy Holidays and here's to a prospero año!


No comments: